CALIFORNIANS ALREADY PAY TOO MUCH IN TAXES
EVEN OUR OWN STATE EMPLOYEES LEAVE
AS QUICKLY AS THEY CAN AFTER RETIREMENT
Candidate Zellhoefer has the past endorsement
of the Howard Jarvis taxpayers coalition. He knows that lower taxes promote the economy.
What is the matter with our elected officials in Sacramento
and at our local county levels. When does their calls for ever increasing public services, and costs, face the reality of the taxpayers
ability to pay.
This is not an issue of how much we would like to pay, it is a matter of how much can
TAXES ARE THE COSTS WE ALL MUST PAY TO PROVIDE THOSE
SERVICES THAT WE CAN NOT, OR CHOOSE NOT, TO PROVIDE FOR OURSELVES. We as voters determine what taxes will be collected and to what extent they are collected. Always remember that we can all vote with our feet and leave. Many companies and small business owners have
done just this.
THIS IS MY POSITION:
- California needs to do away with all capital gains taxes for investments over three years
- Business investments must be allowed to be expensed at all levels
- Incentives for new eco-friendly technologies must be adopted
- California needs to have a trade zone with our neighboring States whereby businesses in those States can do business in California without additional licenses, fees, or taxes
- State sales taxes should be lowered to 5%